Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to India!


As you can probably tell from my previous post, I will now post some pictures that are long overdue.

Street in New Delhi

First night's dinner! Paneer masala, rice, naan, and...another paneer dish I can't quite remember.

Auto rickshaw meter. Almost had a heart attack until I remembered it's in rupees. (US$1 = 51 rupees)

Annual statistics at Zakhira slum

Rice and dal for lunch

Children of Zakhira slum

Look closely and you can see the train behind the slum. It was moving when I took this picture.

More Zakhira children

Members of one of Zakhira's bal mandals (youth groups)

I told Rani I liked her mehndi on Monday and wanted to get some myself. Today, Zahida brought a cute little henna pen and drew this on my hands.

I left my phone at the flat today so I wasn't able to take pictures but I'll steal some from Annie as soon as she uploads them! Come back tomorrow for my post about our second day at Zakhira!

Sending good thoughts all the way from New Delhi,
A




No comments:

Post a Comment